Sunday, October 10, 2010

Big Sky [Montana] Burrito



(Actual Spanish Peaks sub-range in Gallatin NF)
Yes, I've got Big Sky, Montana as wrapped up as can be from here; wrapped up like a warm delicious burrito!  Just gotta go there and seal the deal.  The place I'll be working for is Spanish Peaks, private ski and golf club with 700+ units on property..units =  big baller houses and lots!  They are located on the southern slope of Big Sky resort. Spanish Peaks is named after a sub-range of the Madison Range that runs between Bozeman and Ennis, Montana in the Gallatin NF.




I had an interview at today for a pretty cool bartending job in Portland, but it's too little too late.  I am dead-set on Big Sky.  My friend Matt said it best: "This will be good for the soul".  I agree wholeheartedly.  I will be leaving Bobby Winstead, Gretchen Isakson and Kenny Kraft here in Portland.  Bobby and Kenny I know previously.  Gretchen I met in Portland and is my only real Portland-only friend.  To her I am sorry.  

It's funny how now that I have made my decision, I can drive around the city and miss it as if A) I have already left, and B) I have been her enough time to actually miss it LOL.  I did integrate pretty quick here, and I gotta give Portland SOME of the props for that...HOWEVER, I think I'm finding that I'm pretty comfortable in my own skin, with my few belongings and with a sense of adventure.  The world seems just a bit smaller now.  And city-to-city (especially in the US), things are not that different.  I even felt comfortable when I visited London.  I like thinking that my life is bigger than just a city.  I like thinking that I can conquer huge parts of the outdoors.  In the end, I know i am just little me.  But why not imagine.

Looks like my good friend Matt is rolling with me to Big Sky.  Definitely makes the move a bit less scary (and a bit more spacious since we can tow a trailer with his jeep).  Not that I've gained that much stuff since I moved here in July, but I need somewhere to put my walmart sterilite dressers and storage bins ;-)
I remember it was only 5-6 months ago I was looking at pics of Portland, showing them to people, convincing them, and myself, that it was good move and a beautiful move.  Now, I'm doing it all over again.  I feel a bit more purpose this time tho.  I'm so glad I broke my own cycles by moving out of Phoenix.  Portland will always be here and I leave a small part of my heart here to come back to if I need or want to.


1 comment:

  1. how far is Big Sky from Helena? (toby's fam is up there). Maybe that trip to Yellowstone will work out perfect now!

    ReplyDelete